We were extremely proud to have 11 of our Nellsar staff named as finalists in the prestigious Great British Care Awards 2022. Seeking to shine a light on the care industry, the awards comprise a series of regional events throughout the UK that celebrate excellence across the sector.
Our Nellsar team, made up of shortlisted staff from Princess Christian Care Home, St Winifreds Care Home, Abbbotsleigh Care Home and senior team members from across Nellsar, attended the gala dinner at the Hilton Metropole Hotel in Brighton on Friday 18 November, where they enjoyed sharing their achievements over a wonderful meal, whilst the awards proceedings were hosted by TV personality James Argent.
We are thrilled to say Julie Bastable from St Winifreds Carer Home received a Highly Commended in the Dementia Carer Award, with judges commenting:
“Julie has great empathy and patience and is extremely committed to making sure her dementia residents always feel not just included but special. She is also determined to develop her knowledge and skills so that she can become an acknowledged dementia specialist.”
Congratulations to Julie and each of our amazing finalists – they represented their individual Homes and Nellsar so wonderfully and really did us proud!
St Winifreds Care Home
- Andrew Maclean – Care Home Chef/Cook
- Dee Heath – Frontline Leader
- Julie Bastable – Dementia Carer
- Louise Paxton – Ancillary Worker
Princess Christian Care Home
- Cosmin Cristea – Care Home Chef/Cook Award
Abbotsleigh Care Home
- Andra Ciurea – Care Home Worker
Nellsar’s senior team
- Adrian Silaghi and Jinu Jose – Workforce Development
- Adrian Silaghi – Care Home Chef/Cook
- Jinu Jose – Three R’s Award (innovation in Recruitment, Retention and Recognition)
- Leni Wood – Care Innovator
- Paula Persaud – Outstanding Contribution to Social Care
- Viv Stead – Activity Coordinator