We are delighted that our Nutrition and Wellness Manager, Leni Wood, has launched an initiate to support the nutritional well-being of our staff across Nellsar. Her personalised diet and nutritional advice is one of a range of benefits offered to our Nellsar teams and will underpin our commitment to supporting our staff’s physical and mental wellness.
Here Leni explains her offering:
We can all benefit from general dietary advice from a nutrition professional. All well-being can begin with the food that we eat and one way of knowing if you are on the right track with your diet is by having a diet diary review.
I often review food diaries as part of a deeper health review for my clients in my nutrition practice. To support staff well-being at Nellsar Care Homes I have begun to offer free food diary reviews in support of staff and to help people make positive dietary adjustments for better health.
There are many things that a healthy balanced diet can help improve the symptoms of including diabetes, obesity, hormone related issues such as PMS, menopause and fatigue.
It is a simple process for our staff:
- All they need to do is contact me via email
- I will then email them a food diary to keep for 3–4 days and then they can send it back for review.
- I will then email them with the adjustments they can make for better health and balance.
Some of the things I will be looking out for in the food diary review are whether people are getting enough vitamins and minerals, proteins, fats and the right kind of carbs.
- Does the diet look heavily processed and how can the processed foods be easily replaced rather than restricted?
- Does the diet support energy balance or is it a fatigue driving diet?
- Is the diet an inflammatory diet which could be driving hormone issues or diabetes symptoms?
There is so much you can do with how you eat. This general dietary review is a real gift from Nellsar to our staff. The food diary reviews are aimed at making positive adjustments for better well-being.
Nellsar Nutrition and Wellness Manager